Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thank God for Sovereignty

Greetings
I know now one thing about myself. I am not the type of person who would keep a blog up to date. I am sorry for not being more faithful to it, but I hope that I have been more faithful to those that I have communicated with by phone. Below are something that the Lord has been teaching me, what has been going on, and what is next.

-Proverbs 3:11-12 "My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline or be weary of his reproof for the Lord reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights"

The time in Findlay has come with trial, refining, joy, challenge, revelation (truths that have existed for years but are new to me [you can insert your own word here if you are gifted with words {no really I am curious what word would be better than revelation here, please tell me}]), sorrow, confusion,the mystery of what is to come, patience, clarity, peace, and more Joy!

A lot to be thankful for. He has provided a job during a recession, friends in a distance home, opportunities to see my family, and christian brothers for growth and accountability.

I boast in the Lord as I have seen him lead people to marriage, mend marriages, draw people close to Him, and break the bondage of sin and save people. The Lord did this work, and it was a joy to be a witness to it.

Sin in my life included the self-pity of someone who did not know what the next step in life the Lord had for me, laziness in pursuit of what the Lord had for me, dark times without prayer and the Word.

Growth has come from the Lord as he fueled repentance in the above areas. Praise God. He has showed me how great each day is when seeking Him through trust, prayer, and being in his Word. He showed me that one day walking with him is far greater than many without seeking my own joy.

So here is what has been going on.

Summary:
  • Spent a Month on the road in Indiana on a Hydro-test (Oct-Nov...in'08...not a blogger i suppose)
  • Learned that Hydro-testing is not quite my thing.
  • Was guided by mentor at Marathon wonderfully with this new information.
  • Went to Texas for Christmas.
  • Learned that Winter in Ohio no joke.
  • Resigned my position at Marathon.
  • Started working for my friend helping him flip houses.
  • I forgot what +30 deg F feels like
  • God provided a tutoring position at the local Community College
  • Grandmother passed away after a long and hard fought war with Lung cancer
  • Was able to spend my birthday with my parents in Pittsburgh
  • Was able to get closer to my family in Pittsburgh
  • Was not sure where the Lord wanted me, so I stayed in Findlay for the summer.
  • Grandpa passed away
  • Spent a week with immediate and extended family in Pittsburgh
  • Started to look at new paths for my career including Actuarial science, applied math, industrial engineering, teaching, and tutoring
  • Spring is unreal, I just want to run around outside and jump around (+50 deg F !)
  • Planted a 0.000688 acre farm (30 sq ft)
  • Summer in Ohio is beautiful (65 deg at night and 70-78 during the day)
  • Summer is ending.

Next Season

At this time my heart tells me two things:

#1. There is no joy like walking with the Lord, experiencing His character in his Word, and entering the rest of prayer. So I will continue to seek the Lord.

#2. The season of Findlay is over, and it is time to come back to Texas.

#2 is less certain my mind than #1 but this is where my peace comes from. God is Sovereign. He is in control. Whether in Texas, Ohio, or anywhere he has still given me great task of serving Him. This is what I will do and for the next season, it looks like it will be in Texas for now.

So I will be in College Station Monday August 3rd to start a new job tutoring, will be looking for a cheap place to live with other christian brothers, and I am very excited.

This has been a great year in Findlay, I would not trade it for another (people always say this as if the was some market for trading years of your life. I don't think that there is, but I'd rather cover all my bases). I will miss the people, the summers, and not the winter.

Praise the Lord

Hope to see many of you all soon.

-Eric

No comments: